Friday, September 26, 2008

Dancing Queen


You all know I am retarded ..
So, cheers to me, got a new job making about 10 grand more a year with way better benefits.. so my mom decided to take me to dinner & movie to celebrate.. (ya know I had to, cause I am single..(boohiss)..
Anyway, we went to see Mama Mia.. and I'll be damned if that movie didn't make me cry my eyes out, laugh, and hoot& holler just like I do at Hit & Run shows..
Ya see, if you know me, you know how much I love to dance, it makes me happy, feel young again and forget all my troubles..
If there's music, and children,.. we are shaking our money maker's
Where did I get this from???
Well, when they were singing dancing queen, my mom could barely stay in her seat, and SHE IS THE REASON
I know I say she drives me nutty, but I love her.. So as we are sittin there, boppin along and crooning out of tune I started to cry.. HAPPY TEARS>
She looks over and asks what is wrong,, and I told her " I get this from you"......
( as I remember her in her youth, long hair parted down the middle , skintight yellow t-shirt (HUGE BOOBS) (yea where are mine??), macrame necklace, skintight bellbottom jeans, minus the shoes.. teaching Kristi & I the pony and mashed potato, then just dancing freeeee around the house to Steppenwolf....she was sooo shiny and I swear back then she glowed)
So she pats my face like she always has when the tears are falling, says " I love you too dear" and proceeds to hold my hand.. which I honestly didn't mind.. I miss holding hands.. and if you are 35 and can cry in a movie theatre, dance and gigggle while singing like strangled cats.. well , Life AIN"t SO BAD..
She needed it as much as I did right about then.. I kept thinking about my friends mom, and how she won't get any more moments.. .and I'll be damned if I took away my mom's just b/c I might be a little embarressed.. I can't imagine how I'm gonna feel when Evan doesn't need or want me anymore. I know it must hurt, there is worry, and a feeling of pride.. but sadness too...
I have decided from now on I never again want to say to myself " IF ONLY".....you don't get 2nd chances very often
that is why I took the new job.. and why I do everything lately.. if you get a thousand txts it's cause tomorrow I may not be able to...
Find your happiness.. the thing that makes you remember YOUTH,..no matter how foolish you think it would be at OUR AGE.. or any age for that matter..
BE A DANCING QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com